The Department intends to develop into a world class centre of excellence in education, training & research.
The department aims to impart holistic education using state of the art technology and infra structure leading to development of qualified professionals in the field of Commerce. To develop a team of competent and qualified faculty, to continuously evaluate our performance against suitable benchmarks.
Envisaged as an instrument of socio-economic development and empowerment, the Department of commerce was thus established in 2010. The Department takes pride in its commendable performance vis-à-vis major developmental indicators such as student intake, pass percentage of Students, number of teachers, published research work, and courseware.
The College started the department with the objective of imparting education along with training and research, focused on developing credible and competent professionals for banking, financial and other important sectors in India and abroad.
Guided by the vision document, the Department lays highest importance on maintaining excellence in teaching, both as an end in itself and as a basis for creativity and for sustaining excellence in teaching and research. Apart from classroom learning, students are being also imparted practical exposure through frequent industry interactions.
The following infrastructure facilities support the teaching -learning process,
• State of Art classrooms.
• Full Fledged Computer Lab with internet facility.
• Departmental and Central library facilities with study rooms.
- To impart instruction to the Under Graduate students offering Commerce as a course of study.
- To facilitate creative thinking so that students come out with innovative answers, create alternative solutions and develop entrepreneurial skills.
- To enable our students to have a substantial and dignified source of livelihood after completion of their Degrees.
- To achieve academic excellence in teaching, learning and extension activities through the utilization of local resources.
- To pursue research and investigation in the field of trade and commerce for policy formulation and implementation.
- To groom students for professional occupations, entrepreneurship, consultancy work in the area of accounts keeping, tax matters, trade facilities, financial market operations, marketing activities, human resource management, etc.
- To develop professional competence in the students to enable them to face national and international competition.
- To inculcate values of integrity, justice and fairness so that the students are trained to promote and maintain high ethical standards at their professional and personal lives.
- 1. Prof. Ishfaq Ahmad Wani (M.Phil, M.Com, NET) (HOD)
- 2. Prof. Rouf Ahmad Mir (M.Com, SLET, NET)
- 3. Prof. Mohd Younis Sofi (M.Com, CMA-Inter, NET-JRF)
- 4. Prof. Umar Amin (M.Com, NET, CAIIB)
- 5. Prof. Imran Khan (M.Com, SLET, NET)